Are you into resolutions?
Most of us are either- “No way, can’t keep 'em!” or “Yes, I LOVE a refresh with new goals!”
Whether or not resolutions are your thing, there's no need to pick a side. This year just make ONE minor tweak that can be your go-to game changer for a new healthier version of you: fall in love with a power-packed, nutrition-dense smoothie (or two). It’s as simple as that. Small changes make a big difference!
Whether you are a smoothie newbie or not, let’s talk about:
The Top 5 Reasons to Drink Smoothies:
- Convenience: Hands down, they are a quick way to throw a bunch of good stuff into one cup- and drink on the go, anywhere, anytime.
- Instant immunity booster: You need a minimum of 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day to get the nutrients you need to stay healthy. Hey, with a banana, berries, and avocado in just ONE smoothie, you're halfway there!
- Optimized absorption: The smooth consistency means they are easy to digest, which means max absorption of nutrients.
- Inexpensive: Smoothies are a great, less expensive way to eat healthy, and they can be packed with enough protein to keep you full for hours.
- Frozen fruit means less shopping and lower bills: Buy FROZEN organic fruits and vegetables to save money and time and set yourself up for success!
If you don’t have a favorite smoothie, we've got your back. Our brand ambassador, Gwyneth Paltrow has a whole arsenal of smoothie recipes. We couldn’t choose just one, so we picked our two favorites to share with you.
First, Gwyneth’s post-workout Blueberry Cauliflower Smoothie from the cookbook The Clean Plate: Eat, Reset, Heal.
Gwyneth says: “With antioxidant-rich blueberries and protein-packed almond butter, this smoothie is one I often throw together after a workout.” She adds, "Buy organic wild blueberries if you can find them.”
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup frozen cauliflower
- One tablespoon unsweetened almond butter
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- One date pitted and roughly chopped
- Juice of ½ lime
- COPPER FIT TIP: For added protein, add a scoop of your favorite protein powder.
Combine the frozen blueberries, cauliflower, almond butter, almond milk, date, and lime juice and blend until smooth.
It's no secret there's a LOT of goodness in this smoothie, but if you JUST talk about the cauliflower alone, it is a CHAMP: naturally high in fiber (enhances weight loss), B-vitamins, antioxidants, and phytonutrients. Oh, and it also has choline, a nutrient super important for our memory. Who knew cauliflower was such a show-off?
Next up- we just HAD to include a detox drink from our go-to wellness guru, Gwyneth! Whether you are doing “Dry January” after lots of Holiday cocktails or just want to clean up after too many Christmas cookies, here’s a good one. Gwyneth calls it, "The Best Green Juice." According to GP, this power smoothie is “as energizing as a cup of coffee without the letdown.”
Sign. Me. Up.
- One handful of basil leaves
- One cucumber, cut in half lengthwise
- ½ lime, zest, and pith removed
- One apple, cut into wedges
Push all the ingredients through your juicer. Alternatively, you can chop all the ingredients and pop them into a powerful blender with 4 oz of water, then pass the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer and drink immediately.
Who knew this pairing would start the day with a delicious ZING- hydrating, energy-filled, and fiber-packed too! And mighty little basil does the body good, like helping to lower your blood sugar and even ease joint pain.
Speaking of pain, if you love cooking, baking, and smoothie-making, but carpal tunnel or arthritis pain is getting in the way, compression gloves may help. Copper Fit Compression Gloves are like a second layer of skin. The Sure-Grip Technology provides added control and the open finger design allows for complete functionality. In other words, they're perfect for kitchen use! If you suffer from elbow pain from tendonitis or arthritis, an elbow sleeve may do wonders for you! Don’t let aches and pains keep you out of the kitchen or doing what you love. Compression technology can help comfort and ease the pain- oh, and don’t forget the basil too!
So friends, don’t get too overwhelmed with what you SHOULD be doing this new year. Just make one small change, bring a couple of good smoothies into your life. And never turn down a hot tip from Gwyneth!
So fill up a tall glass of nutrient-packed goodness, get in front of the fire, and put your feet up in a comfy pair of Gwyneth’s Copper Fit compression socks (of course).
Cheers to good health in 2022!
These are suggested recipes and not medical advice. Please consult your physician for personalized medical advice.